Esports is short for electronic sports, and is a multiplayer video game where players compete in game tournaments. The term “esports” was first used in 1984, when the first international computer games competition took place in France. The idea behind the event was to promote video games as a legitimate sport. Since then, the popularity of gaming has grown rapidly, with esports tournaments and esports bet drawing crowds of thousands and millions of viewers online.
The most common form of esports is organized team matches between two teams competing for bragging rights and prizes. But there are also individual tournaments, where players compete against each other in head-to-head matches.
The Popularity Of eSports
Esports has grown rapidly over the past few years to become one of the world’s fastest-growing sports. In fact, some people even consider it a sport: in 2017, the International Olympic Committee recognized it as an official medal event in 2024! Fans all over the world can expect esports in Olympics in the near future.
There are many different types of esports games like League of Legends, Overwatch and Fortnite Battle Royale. But there are also some more traditional sports-related games like FIFA 18 that have become very popular in this area as well—and maybe someday we’ll see them played at the esports in Olympics.
Popular eSports Games
There are several popular games that are played at professional levels:
- League of Legends (LoL)
- Dota 2 (Defense of the Ancients 2) or DOTA2 as it’s known by its fans)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)
How To Engage In esports bet
Whether you’re a diehard esports fan or a newcomer to the scene, it’s important to know the ins and outs of esports bet. Betting on esports is a great way to get in on some of the action, and it’s not as complicated as you might think and it is a great chance to make money especially in esports in Olympics.
- First, you need to decide what kind of bet you want to make in esports in Olympics. If you’re new to esports bet, you might want to start with a simple wager on the outcome of a match. This is called an “over/under” bet, where you predict whether the total number of points scored by both teams will be over or under a certain number. You can also choose to bet on which team will win or lose a match—this is called an “odds-on favorite.”
- For more experienced esports bettors in esports in Olympics, there are plenty of other options: betting on which player will get the most kills or assists during a match; predicting whether an underdog team will upset their higher-ranked opponent; or even where in the map teams will be at certain times during the game.
- Make sure that you’re betting with an established bookmaker that has a good reputation and offers fair odds in esports bet and make sure to choose a game that has a high betting volume.