The first esports events can be traced back to the late 1970s, when arcade game tournaments began occurring in arcades around the globe. The first video game competition was held in July 1980 at Twin Galaxies, an arcade in Ottumwa, Iowa. It was called “Video Game Championship” and included five different games: Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Rally-X, Ms. Pac-Man, and Asteroids Deluxe.
In the 1990s, video game companies created leagues like Nintendo World Championships and Sega Global Championships to promote their products, but they didn’t attract much interest until 1997, when a group of college students created QuakeCon—an event that’s still going strong today!
The Popularity Of esports In Malaysia
The popularity of esports in Malaysia has been growing steadily since its inception. The country’s first professional esports tournament took place in 1998, and now the industry is worth an estimated $1 billion USD. The popularity of esports in Malaysia is due in part to their diverse population, which includes young people who are tech-savvy and willing to experiment with new forms of entertainment.
- As the popularity of esports has increased, so has the number of people who want to bet on esport favorite games. The growth of esports gambling has been huge in the past few years, and Malaysians are no exception.
- There is an abundance of available options for Malaysians who are looking for betting sites that cover their favorite esports tournaments and leagues. They can choose from several different websites that have been approved by local authorities or from those based overseas where there may not be any regulations at all and easily bet on esport games.
- The popularity of esports gambling in Malaysia is growing rapidly. According to a poll conducted by the University of Technology and Management (UTM) Malaysia, 35% of Malaysian gamers have participated in esports betting at least once. In fact, the majority of those who took part in the survey said they played games like Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for betting purposes.
- In fact, if you’re looking for an esports gambling site to place your bets on, Malaysia has some of the best options available. This is largely because Malaysia has been very welcoming to online betting sites, so they’ve become more accessible than ever before. This means that if you want to get in on the action and bet on esport players and teams, there are plenty of options available right now!
What Makes A Good esports Betting Site
If you’re looking to start betting on esports, you’ve come to the right place! There are a lot of things that make a good esports betting site. Here are just a few:
- Good odds/predictions/odds movement: The easiest way to tell if an esports betting site is any good is by looking at the odds that it gives for each match. If the odds are too low or too high, it’s not worth your time. You’ll want to find an esports betting site that knows its stuff and gives you accurate information about who will win and by how much.
- A wide range of betting options: You should be able to bet on just about anything when it comes to esports—the winner of each map, which team will take more maps than another team, which player will have the highest kill/death ratio in each match, which countries’ players perform best against one another…you get the picture! An esports betting site should offer you as many options as possible so that you can bet on esport on whatever suits your fancy.
- A good esports betting site will have a lot of options for depositing money and withdrawing it once you’re done with your wagers. You should be able to use credit cards, PayPal, or other popular payment options that are easy for you to access and use.
- A good esports betting site will also offer sportsbooks that cover all the major leagues and tournaments around the world. It should have an easy-to-use interface that allows you to bet on esport quickly and easily without any trouble at all!
How To Make Wise Bets On esports Gambling
- Always bet on teams with strong teamwork and communication—you can tell if they’re talking over each other or if they’re working together when they play together online. You’ll know right away if they’re playing well together or not.
- Watch out for new players—sometimes someone new comes into a team and brings some new skills with them! This could be an advantage or disadvantage when you bet on esport depending on who they are and what role they play in their team’s lineup.
- Look at how much money is being bet on each team. If one team gets more than double the amount bet on another team, then there’s probably something to consider there!
- Remember not to bet more than what’s comfortable for you. It’s easy for things like this to get out of hand quickly when you bet on esport —so don’t let them!
Ways To Learn More About esports Betting
- If you’re interested in learning more on how to bet on esport, there are a few ways you can do it. The first is to watch some of the competitions live. If you’ve never seen esports before, this is an excellent way to get a feel for what’s going on and what you’ll be betting on.
- Another way to learn more about esports gambling is to read up on the history of the sport and its players. You can do this by checking out articles online or watching interviews with top players.
- There are several books on esports gambling that are available in print and online. These books give you a deeper understanding of how the game works and how it’s played at different levels.
- Join an esports community! Whether it’s on Discord or Reddit, there are tons of people who love talking about betting on their favorite teams and games.